Thursday, May 1, 2014

G45 Botanical Tea

I have loved playing around with the new Graphic 45 papers that we got in the Scrappigators store.  I created the following card so that we had a project for our display board at our show this weekend, Stamp Scrap and Art Tour in Oaks, PA.  

I started with the following papers from the Botanical Tea collection: Love Notes, Spring Duet, Herbal Infusion and Hello Friend.  
I choose the Hummingbirds from the Love Notes page.  I measured 3.5 x 5.5.  I knew I wanted to layer so I went up .25" on the measurements with the Spring Duet paper and then .5" on the Herbal Infusion paper.  I also cut the Hello Friend from the border strip on the Hello Friend paper. 



 I inked all the edges first, then used my distressing tool (edge scrapper).




I wanted to highlight the breast of the hummingbird since they are, in nature, very beautiful, so I added diamond stickles to both birds.  Because the measurement of the largest paper was 4 x 6 I decided to make my own card base at 8 x 6 and scored it on my scoreboard.


On the card front I placed the Herbal Infusion paper then the Spring Duet.  I then took a paper doilly and using the same ink I inked the edges and cut it in half, placing each half on opposite edges of the card and off set them for a different look.  I put the Humming bird piece on next.  I then attached, using foam dots, the Hello Friend tag to give it some dimension and also on the butterfly I cut from the other side of the Spring Duet paper.  I found some decorative pearl embellishments in my stash and cut two curls out and placed them on the card.  

Glad you stopped by!  Stay tuned for more!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment