Friday, May 30, 2014

This was a special project for me.  At my son's elementary school his 3rd grade teacher had a wonderful idea to have a ladies tea for the 3rd grade girls that needed a little extra attention and instruction on being a lady.  So she suggested a tea and I asked if I could be apart.  She willingly said yes, not knowing what she was getting herself into.  LOL  I took a giant leap and was so incredibly blessed! The girls learned a lot and we had so much fun with them.  They really touched my heart and I am a better person for having had this opportunity to be apart of their lives.  
As a thank you gift for Mrs. Huttie, I started working on a project, about a month ago, using Graphic 45's Botanical Tea paper collection.  I used a small box I found at the dollar store and recovered it with different papers from the collection.  I used liquid glass on the teapot on top, some great metal embellishments and bits and pieces from the paper collection.  I painted small wooden balls and attached at the bottom like feet and sewed on a metal teapot and rose to the ribbon attached to the lid.  


I decorated inside the box as well.  On the inside cover is a small pocket that a tag fits in.  (my thank you note)  The quote "Keep Calm and Act Like a Lady" is the one we used through out our tea and had put on Tea-Shirts for the girls.  The box holds a mini tag book album I made with pictures of our weeks of tea as a memento.  It was a fun project.  I love altered art projects and mini albums, and this project combined them both.  



No comments:

Post a Comment