Saturday, July 19, 2014

Homemade Baker's Twine


I found that I really liked using bakers twine, but didn't really have the storage space to have it in every color.  So trying to be resourceful and get more for my buck.  I found a way to make my own.  Using crochet thread, a ruler and my Copic Markers.  


Start by wrapping the crochet thread around a standard 12" ruler.  tape the beginning end down and wrap as little or as much as you want to make.  Make sure as you are wrapping the thread stays tight together and around the ruler.  After wrapping to the length you want, cut the thread and tape down the end.


Take out which ever Copic markers you want to use to match your project.  I used B29 and R29 on this one since I was using it for my design team project (stars and stripes).  As you can see you can use as many colors as you want.  Using the chisel side draw lines down across the thread on both sides of the ruler.


Since Copic is alcohol based it dries almost instantly.  You are ready to go for any project!


No comments:

Post a Comment