Thursday, April 26, 2012

So I decided to start blogging as I am organizing my scrapbooking space.  I live in a 2-bedroom apartment and so my office/scrap space is about a 1/4 of my living room so space is at a premium!  Also I have some OCD (no laughing from those who know me) and I like things to be in their place.  I'm more creative when I have space and can see what I have without having to dig thru Iris boxes or other containers.  My embellishments were one of the things that really were under used and duplicated, because I didn't have ready access to them.  I am so happy with this project!  I have approximately 60 clips on each stand and some clips hold more then one item.  I was shopping at the Goodwill, which is one of my favorite places, because I love to reuse or repurpose items, and found these hand towel holders for on $3.00 for the pair.  An idea was born.  Originally I was going to buy those great clips with a hook on the end you find in the curtain section, but WOW over $8.00 for a set of 12!  Not what I wanted to spend and so on one of my many trips to the Dollar Tree I spied the container of 250ct plastic coated paperclips in assorted colors.  AH HA!  I can use those as clips and with a little bending and shaping (see picture above) it worked like a charm!  So after a few hours of work (3-while watching tv) I'm so please with my new storage and I can see what I have and can use it!  It has by creative juices flowing how about yours?  Thanks for stopping by!  Next time I'm tackling those stickles bottles.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! A home made clip-it-up. Cool. Remind me to give you some dangler clips just to see how you like them. (I got them in the jewelry section @ JoAnn and used them on my version of the embellishment holder when I needed a sturdier clip for packages of acrylic stamps)

    ReplyDelete